About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

December 22, 2008

Yummy microwave carmels

Okay - this may not be a potluck recipe, but they are sure good. I lost my recipe so I went to the Pinching Your Pennies blog and ask for a good recipe. It never fails - someone always comes through for me. Here's the recipe and some do's and don'ts.

Carmels

1/2 c sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c butter (not margarine)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c karo syrup

Put all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Cook on high for 2 minutes and then stir (see recommendation on cooking time below). Repeat every 2 minutes for a total of 8 minutes. Pour into a well buttered/greased 8x8 pan and let cool for 3 hours. Cut and wrap in wax paper.

This was my second try. I had to reduce my cooking time to 2 min, 2 min, 1 min 15 sec, 1 min 15 sec. The first time I made them - I had a lovely square rock! I might advise you to try this cooking time first, instead of the one above. I also had to try a few to make sure they tasted okay and were soft.

I think I had about 80 pieces (that is, if I hadn't eaten a few to begin with). You can cut them any size.

These were so easy to make and best of all they are YUMMY!!!! If you're looking for a quick treat for a friend or neighbor or maybe just a treat to share, this is definatley a winner. This was also a great project for kids to help with The wrapping doesn't have to be perfect.

No comments:

Popular Posts