About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

December 10, 2008

Treats and potluck dishes

It seems like this is the time of year where wonderful, yummy smells waft through the hallways of work, show up on your doorstep or just warm your oven in your own kitchen.

I hope you don't mind if I post some of my favorite treats this time of year.

I love this recipe! I used to work at a large hospital in Salt Lake and the chef there taught a few classes. This was one that I was lucky enough to attend (Thanks - chef Steve!)

Sweet and Spicy Nuts

3 cups pecans or walnut halves (I personally love almonds and use them)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
1 - Heat oven to 275 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Spread nuts on prepared cookie sheet; toast for 10 minutes
2 - In medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Bring to a boil; continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3 - Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and nuts. Using a slotted spoon, remove nuts to foil or waxed paper. Separate with a fork; let dry. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.

Yields: 4 1/2 cups

Not only do these smell wonderful - they taste delicious! For all you nut fans out there - this is definately a recipe to try. It's sure to win the hearts of many.

1 comment:

drlemepasu said...

Yummy! I might steal this from you and give them as gifts!!! Thanks so much!!!

Popular Posts