About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

September 19, 2008

Ore-Ida Steam-n-Mash potatoes


Yuuuummmmmyyyy! I signed up with another website (She Speaks) and they asked me to participate in their Ore-Ida Steam-n-mash potatoes trial. They sent me a great package with 2 coupons for free bags of potatoes as well as a potato masher and some additional coupons to use or give away. I made turkey steaks a few nights ago and added these as a side. I used the plain Russet potatoes and they turned out great. All you have to do is put the frozen bag in your microwave and heat for the amount of time (10 minutes) indicated on the bag. Then I added some milk and butter and I made some gravy to go with it. Anyone who knows my husband, knows he's a real meat and potatoes kind of guy. My family was very pleased with the taste, and texture of the pototoes. I was even happier because I was running late and this was quick and easy to make.
The only down side to this product is that it only comes in one size. This bag would probably feed 4-5 people. And the price is a little high. If I could match a sale and the coupons together, it may be worth buying more.

Overall - I was very pleased with this product. In a pinch - I would definately buy more because it tasted so good. I am going to try the 3 cheese variety next.


They come in a variety of flavors:

  • Russet Potatoes
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Garlic Seasoned Potatoes
  • Three Cheese Potatoes
She Speaks if a fun site to check out. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Popular Posts