About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

November 2, 2008

Quick and easy nasal saline solution recipe

Hopefully you aren't suffering from the same crud that we have at my house. Now that there are no cold medications for our little ones (4 and under) to take, we're left with toughing in out. Last night we were supposed to gain an hour of sleep (through daylight savings). I think between my three kids - I was up every hour with one or the other of them. There was no extra hour of sleep for me!!! :(

I wanted to post a quick saline solution recipe to help relieve some of the stuffiness that kids get. My littlest hates it when I spray this up his nose, but it sure does clear him up for a little while. Enough that he can get to sleep.

I got this earlier this year when I went to an all night clinic thinking my littlest had an ear infection. I love the idea that it's homemade and it really saves $$ so I don't have to buy it from the store. The doctor gave us this jar and a really small syringe. I really didn't think it would work, but it clears my baby up.

Here's what the label says:

Nasal Saline

.2 (or .3) ml/cc in each nostril every hour as needed while awake. (The amounts .2 or .3 were for when my baby was about 4-6 months old. I still use this same amount - he's now 14 months. It seems to work pretty good. If you have an older child you may want to up the amounts slightly).

Mixture:

1/4 tsp salt in 6 oz of warm water.

Here's to the first cold of the season. Did I mention - I love this time of year, except when my kids get sick?

No comments:

Popular Posts