About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

November 11, 2008

Ooey Gooey Easy Chocolate Chippers

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I just want to bake. I guess it's that nostalgia of being at home when I was young and playing outside in the cool weather and then coming in to the smell of something yummy coming from the kitchen. Oh....the memories.

As promised I am posting my recipe for Easy Chocolate Chippers. I got a great deal on chocolate chips on a few weeks ago and decided today was the day for this yummy treat.

Remember these tasty morsels???


Easy Chocolate Chippers

2 1/2 C quick oats (or 2 3/4 old fashioned oats)

1 1/4 C flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp soda

In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together

1 C butter or margarine

3/4 C brown sugar

1/2 C sugar

1 egg

3 Tbsp water

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 bag of chocolate chips (I like a lot of chocolate chips - so I add the whole bag)

In a seperate bowl - cream together all the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Add the chocolate chips last, and stir with a spoon or spatula. Spoon cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 - 4 dozen.

They seem to stay moist and chewy longer when I use oatmeal. These are also good with different flavored chips (mint chips are another favorite). A yummy treat anytime. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

oh you would tempt me to bake today! Yum Yum!

Popular Posts