About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

August 5, 2008

Having an off day....

Ya know when you're just having an off day? Well I was having one of those yesterday. I had so much on my mind and I was running in a hundred different directions that I didn't really feel like I got much accomplished. I usually try to grocery shop on the weekend because my hubby is home to watch the kids. Well it didn't happen and so that meant I had to do it on a weeknight. In my craziness yesterday, I clipped a few coupons (not all that I wanted - but I got some) to get ready for my trip to Albertson's. I also taught a Grocery Smarts class last night, so I was planning my shopping trip for after. As I wandered the aisles picking up the necessities, I just didn't feel like I was going to do very well at the register. So as I finished up and was joking with the checker about how poorly I had done, we both laughed when she told me my total was $110.95 with a savings of $72.51. Well - la dee da......whadda ya know.... not too shabby - huh? Not too bad, for such a crazy day.


This is what I got, but failed to also show the 2 loaves of Grandma Sycamore bread, 2 pkgs of 1lb chicken tenders, 4 Marie Callendars pot pies, 12 Yoplait yogurts, 1 gallon of Albertson's oj, & 1 bag of Albertson's hamburger buns.

I think the thing I was most excited about on this sale was the Propel water that I got. The Propel and Sobe drinks were 15 for $15. Last week when I was at Smith's they had a tearpad for Propel single drinks ($.50 off each). I just grabbed a small stack and threw them into my coupon holder hoping for a great sale. Well this week when Albertson's put them on sale, I got 7 for $.50. Wahoo! My kids love these and beg for them all the time.

I would love to hear some of your great finds..... and so would everyone else.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

OK, I need to go shopping, can you just call me and tell me what to buy? Everything you had in that picture will do just fine! I am having trouble starting.

Popular Posts