About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

July 12, 2008

Cha-Ching!!! I felt like I went to Vegas today

I love Albertson's GM (General Mills) sales! My family is a big consumer of GM products, so when these sales come around we certainly stock up. The best part of this sale is that for every 10 GM items you bought, you could earn 2 free movie tickets. Wahoooo!!!! That means I earned 5 date nights with my hubby this go around.

Here's my breakdown on the items I bought.

12 boxes of Pop Secret popcorn (sale $1.49 each) I had 6 coupons for $.50 off of two. I paid $1.24 per box.

13 boxes of cereal (sale $1.99 each) I had a variety of coupons. I paid an average of about $1.29 per box.

2 Betty Crocker frosting (sale $1.49 each) I had 2 $.55 off coupons. I paid $.94 per can.

4 Betty Crocker Supreme brownies (sale $.199 each) I had 2 coupons for $.75 off of 2. I paid $1.62 per box.

12 fruit snacks (Stackers and Gushers) (sale $1.99 each) I had several coupons and paid an average of $1.69 per box.

4 Betty Crocker cookie mixes (sale $1.99) I had no coupons for these

3 Betty Crocker muffin mixes (sale $1.99) again - no coupons

If you add up the total of what I spent on all of the above items it comes to $81.22. Because I earned 10 movie tickets the average price for a ticket is about $7.00 (this may be conservative). If you take 10 x $7.00 you get $70.00, therefore my total for all these GM items came to a grand total of $11.22 I think this was a pretty good deal!

Not part of GM sale - but also a good deal.

Suave anti-perspirant (sale 3/$4.98). I had 3 coupons for $.75 off of each. I didn't realize they would come bundled in a two pack. So I really got 6 for $.46 each

The Duracell batteries 16 count (sale $8.99) I had a $.75 coupon and paid $8.24

Banquet Brown 'n Serve sausage (not pictured) (sale $.88 each) limit 4, paid $.88 each for 4 boxes

4, 20 oz 7-up bottles (not pictured) (sale $1.39 each) I had 2 coupons B1G1 Free

Lastly - I also got a register coupon for $3.50 off my next shopping trip.

After seeing the price of gas jump as much as it did yesterday and today, I think it makes it even more important to make one trip to the store instead of several a week for the little things you forgot. Hopefully you'll plan your shopping trip wisely to save as much as you can and get all the things you need for the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you to come in November so I can start doing stuff like this.
Tonya

Popular Posts