About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

June 17, 2009

Rolling it over at Albertsons

Hopefully you took advantage of last weeks Albertson's sale, especially the General Mills sale.

Once again I procrastinated until the very last minute. Yes, I was there at 11:00 pm on Tuesday night. I thought I would be the only one there, and was pleasantly surprised to see about 6 or 7 other ladies doing the same thing. It was actually kind of fun because we were all helping each other find the specific sale items.
Okay - drum roll please....... I spent a total of $63.64 and saved $122.98. WOOT! WOOT!
It worked like this, Purchase #1:I had to spend $25 (before coupons and Albertsons savings) on General Mills products in order to get $10 back (Catalina at the register).
I bought:
4 Fiber One cereals
1 Plain Cheerios
6 Cheerios with crunch
(After all my coupons and Albertson's savings card I spent $21.25 and saved $28.87 and earned $10. I also used 1 set of *Albertson's double coupons).
Purchase #2

I took the $10 from my first purchase and bought:
2 Betty Crocker Stickerz fruit snacks
2 boxes of Cheerios
2 Yoplait Gogurts
2, 1/2 gallon Breyers ice cream
3, 6 pks of Coke
(I spent $7.09 and saved $40.73 and earned another $10. I also used another set of *double coupons).

Purchase #3

4 jars of Ragu spaghetti sauces

2 jars of Skippy peanut butter

6 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks

(I spent $9.16 and saved $29.58. This earned me another $10 and they let me use another set of *Albertson's double coupons).


Purchase #4

2 pkgs of Yoplait Kids yogurt

2 8oz Kraft singles

1 jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce

1 gallon Albertsons oj

4 pkgs Bar S Chicken Jumbo franks

8 DiGiorno Flatbread Melts (raincheck from last weeks sale)

(I spent $26.14 and saved $23.80. I did not earn another $10 because the yogurt and Ragu were the only GM products in this purchase and it did not total $25).

*Each store determines how they will allow you to use the double coupons. Check with your store before assuming you can use more than one set*

This is how I got to the above savings. Sometimes these sales take a little planning ahead of time. In my opinion, it's worth the planning for the savings on the other end.

1 comment:

kimbob said...

I'm new to this blog but wish I would have thought about asking for a rain check on the Digorno Flat Bread, I was all excited to get those so cheap and then they were out. Thanks! Next time I'll be sure and ask for one

Popular Posts