About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

June 15, 2009

A hearty basket this week

I'm a few days late in posting what I got from my co-op, Bountiful Baskets. I was truly impressed with the quantity this time. I got there early to help distribute and we had so much stuff that it took us until about 7:20 am before we were ready for everyone to start picking up their baskets. They usually start picking them up at 7:00 am.
Anyway here's what we got this week.
16 bananas

8 oranges

3 yellow squash

2 broccoli

1 celery

2 bags of carrots

12 apricots

1 head of romaine lettuce

2 small cantaloupes

7 apples

8 cucumbers

9 plums

I think this basket easily weighed between 35 and 40 lbs. It was quite heavy. I also bought the following:

1, 16lb box of cherries

5 loaves of Honey Wheat bread

So far the cherries have been hit and miss. They are either just right or kinda squishy and some are bland. I guess that's what you get from the store too. I think I'm going to freeze a bunch of them. The bread has been wonderful though. I just can't say enough good things about the bread. I'm really glad I bought some.

If you'd like to know more about the Bountiful Baskets co-op, click on this link and it will take you to an earlier post I wrote with more details.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is a ton of stuff. How cool.
Your blog is still tweeked by the way, I don't know why but everything is still on top of each other. You may have to go in and replace things to where you want them. Mine went weird 1 time and I had to do something to it too.

Mindy said...

Ok so I just went back and looked at it. It is mainly the stuff before this post. Your blogroll is right next to this post, but the stuff up above it not like you normaly have it. Sorry

Rosie said...

have they opened any Utah County pick-up sites yet?

Popular Posts