About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

March 31, 2009

Pretty good deals at Albertson's this week

Because I've been couponing for such a long time - you get to a point that you don't need to go to every sale. Right now my food storage is pretty good and what I'm working on is just filling the holes. Trust me, I love the thrill of a good sale, but I don't always need the items that are on sale. So once you get to this point, don't worry if you don't hit all the sales. Just go for the things you need.

These are the deals I got at Albertson's last night.


6 boxes of Post Honey Bunches of Oats (different flavors)

*I made this my first purchase. You can buy either 5 or 6 boxes and get a $5.00 catalina (register coupon) back. I chose to buy 6 boxes because the coupon associated with it was for the purchase of 2 boxes). I paid $6.70 for these 6 boxes and got a $5.00 catalina back, which I applied to the rest of my purchases)*

1 loaf of Grandma Sycamore bread

1 bag Chips Ahoy

2 bottles of Taco Bell Salsa

1 box of Ritz crackers

1 box of Chicken in a bisket crackers

2 cans of Campbell's vegetable soup

2 bags of Hershey's Easter candy

1 dozen eggs

2 plastic bowls (red/blue)



1 gallon of Albertson's OJ

1 bottle of Coke

1 container of Albertson's sour cream

1 bag of Santita's corn chips

3 bottles of Snuggle fabric softner (I had 3, $2.00 coupons - printables are online at this link)

5 boxes of Nabisco 100 calorie treats

2 half gallons of Breyer's ice cream (vanilla bean and waffle cone - my new favorite flavor!)

1 bottle of Smuckers magic shell

1 bunch of banana's

I paid a total of $51.96 for my groceries. I saved $72.03. I paid about $1.29 per item (total items 35).

If you haven't already heard or read somewhere, Albertson's is no longer taking competitor's coupons. I'm very sad because of this, but am pleased to see more double coupon offers as well as discounts on gas purchases when I shop there. I guess these other benefits are still pretty good.

Please remember if you'd like to share some of your shopping successes, I'd love to post them!

No comments:

Popular Posts