About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

February 17, 2009

Savings at Smith's

You know......now that I've been a steady couponer for about 18 months you start to see cycles in the way you buy things. Mostly, I just try to fill the holes in my pantry and keep the pantry stocked. As sales also cycle, I find myself either spending a large amount to fill those holes or around $50 a week (if that). Today's shopping trip added up to more than I normally spend. I guess I have a lot of holes to fill or the prices were good enough with coupons, I just had to have more than one. Even though this is not one of my best shopping trips (price wise), I still saved and I bought things that my family will use.

Well here you have it.






4 gallons of distilled water

1 bunch of bananas

4 AquaFresh toothbrushes (going into storage)

5 boxes Total Cinnamon Crunch (storage and $.94 each)

8 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks/stickerz (getting low - going to storage)

2 boxes Hefty kitchen garbage bags (storage)

4 jars Ragu spaghetti sauce (storage)

1 pkg Energizer D batteries


2 loaves Grandma Sycamore bread (storage - out in the freezer)

12 Yoplait yogurts

2 boxes Oreo Cakesters (both were free with coupons I had)

2 bags Dole salad

1 pkg Scott TP

4 bags Fritos (they were small bags and I shouldn't have to buy corn chips for a while)

1 pkg Swiffer sweeper refills (I've needed these for quite some time)

1 pkg of Kroger ChipMates

Not Pictured: 2, 4lb bags of chicken breasts (storage - out in the freezer), 4 Totino's party pizza's, 2 Freshetta Pizza Amore' pizza's (all pizza's are also in the freezer and I consider them storage for right now). It's nice to have a quick meal from time to time. One 20, oz Coke and 1 Rico chicken Fajita for lunch - already gone.

In total I spent $118.34 and saved $63.79. Like I mentioned above there will be certain times that you just spend more than others. I justify it by knowing that I won't be spending this kind of $$ every shopping trip.

Tip - I have found that sometimes when I wait until the end of the sale - I seem to find most of the items I want. If you find that the store is out of the item(s) you came to purchase try changing the day you shop. Stores usually get shipments in every few days. If this doesn't work - you can always ask for a raincheck!

No comments:

Popular Posts