About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

February 11, 2009

My latest purchase - at Albertson's

I know - I'm a day late (seriously) and a dollar short on this sale. We've been the sick house this week - so getting to the store for groceries was less than convenient - but I finally made it yesterday.

I found some great buys. I'll post the pictures and then mention the prices and some of the best deals I got.

2 bags of Purina cat food (I had 2, $4.00 coupons for these), each bag was $1.69

Suave conditioner - free

Huggies $17.99 (I had a $2.00 coupon for this one)

Coke (just to survive!!!!)

Good Nites (I had a coupon from Target for $1.50), I paid $9.19

6 bottles of Suave shampoo/conditioner $.97 each



1 whole chicken ($.99/lb) - $4.34

2, 1lb pkgs of deli sliced turkey - $6.29

1 pkg Kraft cheese - free

2 bags of Goldfish crackers $1.50 each

3 Darigold chocolate/strawberry milk (not a great buy - but the kids love them) $1.00 each

1 bag Cheetos

8 Yoplait yogurts (I had a coupon from Target, $1.00 off of 8)

Valentine treats (some fun things for my kids to give each other)


1 box Cheese Nips - free

1 bottle of Planters peanuts - free

3 bags of Hershey's minatures and kisses (I used my double coupons on the $1.00 coupon I already had) each bag was $.99

2 Kerr small mouth and 2 Kerr large mouth canning lids (wait until you see what I am going to do with these....future blog)

1 gallon Albertson's oj

1 pks Reser's tortillas

1 bag of salad - $.99

1 pkg Albertsons string cheese

4 bags David's sunflower seeds (hubby's favorite snack)

Not pictured: 1 doz eggs (forgot to pull out of fridge and 1 container of Albertson's cookies that went with son to pre-school this morning)

I paid $115.22 and saved $63.19 (I wish it were the other way around, but that's how it goes sometimes). I still got some great deals.

Albertson's is also starting a new savings program based on how much you spend on groceries, you earn so much towards a discount on filling up at their gas stations. This shopping trip earned me $.15 off per gallon (20 gallon max). Not bad.....

No comments:

Popular Posts