About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

February 18, 2009

I'm savin' at Albertson's!

I just barely went grocery shopping this week at Smith's so I didn't really need a lot at the Albertson's sale, but when it's a good deal - it's a good deal. I did not get up early to go either. I was crossing my fingers that there would still be enough of the things I wanted to make it worth my time.

Here's what I came home with.


3 Darigold flavored milk - for the kids

1 Coke for me (I'm beginning to wonder if I go shopping just so I can buy the "big" Coke :)

10 Betty Crocker fruit snacks - I just stocked up on those at Smith's, but hey - I have 3 kids who like fruit snacks and they last for a while.

9 Warm Delights

2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch

2 pkgs Albertson's cheese singles (these were only $.88 w/ in-store coupon, limit 4)

2 bags of Albertson's cookies - okay if you haven't tried these they are very moist and chewy. I only have one bag in the picture because the Albertson's I shopped at was selling bags with the frozen dough as well and I forgot the other bag was in the freezer. I guess you can pre-order these cookies frozen. I was advised to pop them into the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Plus I got 2 bags for $3.00, they each had $1.00 coupons on the pkg. A sweet treat for now and later.


9 Betty Crocker bags of cookie mix

9 Campbell's soup

2 Macaroni Grill dinners

2 bags of Albertson's chips - (these were only $.97 w/ in-store coupon, limit 2)

3 bags of Hershey's Valentine candy (50% off) - watch my next blog to see what I do with these.

Drumroll pleassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee............ I spent $68.44 and received 3, $10 catalina's and one $3.50 catalina to use on my next shopping trip. So really I only spent $34.94. I got all that is pictured above for just over $30. I had 51 items (3 sets of 10 GM products - earning me the $30) which made each item approximately $.67 a piece.

Why don't you let me prove to you how you can do it to!!! Call me at 801-589-3946

2 comments:

veronica said...

Looks like a great haul!
The cashier at Albertson's (where we shop) mentioned that they had received some "bad press" on one of the couponing websites about not being well stocked for these types of sales. She said they had tried to do better and I think it worked!
I'm glad you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to have success!

Ku'uipo said...

Great job! I still need to get my warm delights. They were gonzo at my Albie's. I always need a coke too! LOL.

Popular Posts