About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

January 9, 2009

A very good shopper

Tracie sent me a picture of her shopping trip. She laid it out step by step. Yes, she had to do several transactions, but the savings look well worth it! Thanks Tracie and Congratulations on all your savings!
Transaction 1
3 Dawn dish soap reg price 3.99 on sale 2.50
2 Tide detergent reg price 18.48 on sale 11.99
Total before coupons: 31.48

Total after coupons and tax etc:$28.25 PLUS $15 in coupons printed out for my next order

So... Transaction 2
2 8 pk Bounty paper towels reg price 18.29 on sale for $10.00
2 Crest premium toothpaste re price 3.29 on sale $2.50
2 Oral B advantage Toothbrush reg price 2.99 on sale $2.50
Total BEFORE coupons: $30

Total AFTER coupons and tax (INCLUDING the $15 off from transaction1): $15.53
(and another $15 in coupons printed out for my next purchase!)

Are you still with me? Good!

Transaction 3
***Note, i had planned to buy the Charmin 9 ct Mega roll on sale for $10 in this transaction, but they were out so I had improvise so i stocked up on Cascade I will go back for the TP!***

2 cascade gel and 4 cascade action packs reg price 5.99 on sale for $5 total before coupons $30.00

Total after coupons (including the $15 from Transaction 2): $13.42 and another $15 off printed for my next order!

Transaction 4
1 tide reg price 18.49 sale $11.99
2 Gillette Fusion razors reg price 10.99 (thought was on sale for 8.99, but didn't ring up, but still a slammin' deal after coupons! I learn as I go.) (We all learn - thanks for sharing this tip)
1 BB muffin mix reg price: 3.99 sale $2.50
Total before coupons:36.47
Coupons: I doubled the razor coupons to $5 off each then used my $15 off from transaction 3 and .35 off tide.
Total transaction: $13.42 Then more $15 off coupons printed, and I can go back and get my tp and use them and get $15 more! See the pattern of saving here?

If I add up my total saving from what it says on my receipt I saved a total of $112.14 The total I spent today was $73.23 minus $15 off (I will probably go use it for the essentials like milk and eggs etc.) equals ... $58.23!

Way to go....Anyone else want to show and tell or maybe just brag a little???? I'd love to hear from you and all your success stories.

No comments:

Popular Posts