About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

January 10, 2009

I'm back in the saddle!

After a month long break without doing any serious couponing, I'm buckling down and getting serious again.

I finally made it to the Albertson's sale (YEA!!!! It's been kinda crazy at my place this week).

Here's a couple of pictures of what I purchased - granted the store was pretty bare (I might try again next week to see if I can pick up a few more items).

Transaction #1

2 Tide $11.99 each (2 coupons for $1.00 off - one mfg, one from another store)
3 Dawn $2.50 each (3 coupons for $.50 off)
(I had one $1.00 coupon for Tide that was doubled and 2 coupons for $.50 on the Dawn that were doubled - taking an additional $2.00 off the total). With my preferred savings card I paid $28.03, but recieved $15.00 back.



Transaction #2
3 Cascade $5.00 (3 coupons for $1.00)
2 Pantene hair spray $ 3.34 (2 coupons for $1.00)
2 Fruit by the Foot $2.00 (1 coupon, $1.00 off of 2)
2 Yoplait family packs $2.50 (2 coupons for $.75 off)
3 coupons for $1.00 were doubled with took off an additional $3.00 and I used the $15.00 from the first transaction to pay for my second. I spent $8.66 on my second transaction and got another $15.00 back.

I applied this $15.00 to the rest of my groceries in addition to the other coupons I had. In total I spent $97.37. I took advantage of the Malt-o-meal cereal deal, the Albertson's butter and the Albertson's cheese (the coupons on the front page of the ad). I also bought some basics: chicken, oj, coke, corn chips, bacon and some other stuff. I also bought a DiGiorno pizza because I have a beer rebate to send it.

So there you have it. I'm back in the saddle. I wish I had done a little better - I had to improvise with what the store still had left. Hopefully you will find all you're looking for.

And remember - if you'd like to share your great purchases (does not need to be at Albertson's), I'm sure everyone would love to see what you got.

No comments:

Popular Posts