About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

January 21, 2009

Macey's made me happy today!

I decided that I wasn't going to wait on this sale. I usually have about 200 boxes of cereal in my pantry at any given time. It's been several months since I've bought any cereal and my family usually goes through 5-7 boxes of cereal a week. I guess it was time to replenish the supply.

I didn't have time to stack them nicely, but here's what I got.

I bought 34 boxes of cereal, some oranges and a few candy bars (bribes for the kids).

I started out at just over $90 and ended up paying $41.89. I would have done a little better had I known before I got home that a couple of my coupons got stuck in the side of the box and neither I nor the cashier saw them. I paid about $1.11 for each box of cereal (I deducted $5.00 from the total to adjust for the oranges and candy bars). If I were you, I would go fast before the selection is gone. I went to the Macey's in Clearfield and they still had a pretty good selection at 2:30 pm today.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for all the info you give us on this blog. It was fun to run into you at Maceys! :)

Popular Posts