About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

April 6, 2009

A special offer for anyone living in the Layton, Syracuse area

I have a friend that lives in Syracuse, UT that is putting together an order for 40 lbs of chicken (4, 10lb bags - per box). He can get it for $1.39/lb. That's a fabulous price!!!!

If you're interested, here are a few details:

Orders need to be placed no later than April 13th (next Monday). You can call Doug at 801-773-5219 to order and get pickup information. The chicken will be delivered on April 20th about 7:30 pm. This means you would need to pick it up shortly thereafter (probably no later than about 8:00 pm). He will not have room to store any chicken that is not picked up. This offer is open to anyone that is interested (you don't need to live in just Layton/Syracuse area, you just need to make sure you can pick up the chicken before it spoils).

Below are some information from the woman he is placing the order with.

"I run a small local food storage Co-op in Idaho. I have brought in Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts several times for our local wards for canning and freezing. This time my sources went from $1.39 lb to $1.69 lb. So, I spent the last month calling poultry farms all over the USA. Everyone said the wholesale prices went up to $1.69 lb. I told them I could buy it retail for less than that. They said, that was because the stores are selling previously processed chicken bought months ago at the lower price. And all the freshly processed ones are now $1.69 lb. So, the prices will be hitting the stores soon.I finally found an Oregon farm that still had some frozen breasts for $1.39 lb. I need a min. order of 100 cases. I have 61 ordered so far. So, I need 39 more to go. If anyone is interested here is the info:
This is 10 oz or larger Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast for $1.39 lb.(These are not injected with water or broth before freezing like most chicken breasts. So they won't shrink to half size when you cook them. You get true weight.)They are packaged in 4 – 10 lb bags per case. (40 lbs per case.)That will be $55.60 a case, plus 6% Idaho Tax = $58.94 a caseOrder deadline: April 15th.Delivery is April 20th evening in Lehi, Ut and April 21st morning in Preston, Id. (Other drop off locations can be added of 10 cases or more)(To store: refreeze in smaller qualities: Thaw out, place individually on non-stick lined cookie sheets, freeze, and put into freezer bags. Or can with chicken broth.)
Current Local Retail pricing (As of April 3rd, 2009):
Maceys - $1.59 lb (broth injected)

Smith's - $1.69 lb

Albertson's – Buy one, get one free $4.99 lb ($2.50 lb)

Stokes – $3.49 lb

Theurer's - $1.69 lb"

This would make some great food storage or chicken for canning. You definately can't beat the price. Remember to contact Doug to order 801-773-5219.

No comments:

Popular Posts