About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

April 24, 2009

Now this is a sweet deal - I love couponing!

The one thing I absolutely hate about grocery shopping is taking my kids. I kind of got railroaded this week and guess what - I ended up at the store today with all three kids. Yes, I was that woman shooting daggers at my kids as they played hopscotch up and down the aisles.

Having said that - I hit the jackpot today! My jaw just about dropped to the floor when the Albertson's cashier told me how much I just saved. Here's what I got (you'll have to wait to see how much I saved.....)


Purchase #1

19 boxes of General Mills cereal

5 Betty Crocker cookie mixes

2 boxes of Bagelfuls

6 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks

1 can of Pam (I should have purchased this in purchase #2 below)

3 artichokes

1 pkg of Chips Ahoy cookies

4 boxes of Fiber One toaster pastries

3 cups of mini Chips Ahoy cookies

1 8pk of Coke (it's in the next picture)

Because I had so many boxes of cereal and nothing else would fit in the cart, I paid for this and took it to my car and came back in for more. In total I paid $49.46 and saved $111.68. If you're familiar with this sale you'll know that for every $10 you spend on Kraft items, you save $4 at the register. I saved $32 plus all my coupons.

Purchase #2




1 box Ritz crackers

6 boxes Orville Redenbacher popcorn

3, 4pks of Hunts pudding

10 Marie Callendars pot pies

5 Frozen Healthy Choice meals

2 bottles Hunts Ketchup

2 boxes of Betty Crocker Stickerz (these should have been purchased with purchase #1 above)

2 bags David's Sunflower seeds

As you can see, I made a few mistakes in the sales - that's another reason I don't like bringing my kids. I get easily distracted. My second purchase was $45.12 and I saved $63.39. I also earned $10 towards my next shopping trip. In total I spent $94.58 and saved $175.37. I walked out with a little spring in my step and a smile on my face.

I had a few extra coupons especially for the ConAgra sale. If you receive the Salt Lake papers, there was an insert for Smith's a few weeks back. These were manufacturer's coupons and a lot of them were on this weeks Albertson's sale. Also, if you happened to pick up the May edition of All You magazine from WalMart, there were a few coupons in there as well (it's not too late to get one from WalMart).

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I need to get going again! I had my list printed and I still have not made it to the store yet! You inspre me!

Anonymous said...

Stacy, thanks for the cute note. I love your blog,I don't know how you keep track of it all, its amazing.

Popular Posts