About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

October 27, 2008

Yummy Pumpkin Waffles with Caramel Syrup

Have I mentioned that I really like this season? It seems like I kind of take a break during the summer and I don't really cook as much. When you get that crisp chill in the air - it just makes me want to cook and bake. So here's a couple of things I've cooked up lately.

Pumpkin Waffles
(My husband's office had breakfast last week and this was a recipe someone in his office brought in)

Mix together:
2 1/2 C flour
1 T baking pdwr
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

Mix in a large bowl:
4 large eggs
2 C buttermilk (I added 1 Tbsp of lemon juice to 1 cup of milk to make buttermilk)
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C pumpkin
1/4 C real melted butter

Add dry ingredients to wet and stir together.
Bake in waffle iron - this batter also works for pancakes.

Caramel Syrup
(I borrowed this recipe from Everyday Food Storage and boy it was delicious!!!)

3/4 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
2 T light corn syrup
3/4 C buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla

Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes (it will rise and get frothy, use a deeper saucepan to allow for it to get bubbley).
I actually made these for dinner one night and my family inhaled them. They were quite a hit and we had about 4 waffles left over to breakfast the next morning. I hope you enjoy them too. It's a great way to use any extra pumpkin you may have left over from another recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a little slow in getting back to you on this, but I can't wait to try this recipe. It looks similar to one my mom used to make so I am anxious to see how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Popular Posts