About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

May 17, 2011

Farm Fresh Local Produce - CSA's

I'm a news watcher and my husband hates it. I can't help it, if I have a choice I'm always watching the news (more local than national). Anyway, yesterday when I woke up I turned on the tv to my favorite morning news (Channel 2 - gotta love Mary, Ron, Debbie and Casey)!!!


They did a segment on CSA's - Community Supported Agriculture. If you haven't been a part of a co-op it's very similar. Basically a CSA is a farm in or near your local community. You pre-pay for your portion of produce and then you receive a weekly share of crops for the growing season. This is a great way to "buy local" and support your community.

Black Island Farms happened to be featured on the morning show yesterday. I happen to live near this farm and have frequented it through Halloween adventures, buying produce and going on field trips there. By participating in this CSA you get opportunities to help work a field, educational seminars, concerts and magic acts. You even get up to 4 free passes to their Harvest Festival (maze, pumpkins, bounce houses, cow train, pig races, giant hay slides, animals etc...).

If you like fresh produce, supporting your local community and fringe benefits I would certainly check out the link above. They have a lot of drop offs and if you can get a group of 15 or more together, they would create other drop off spots.


I know there are other local CSA's out there as well. You can Google one that may be in your area.


I can't wait for that fresh local corn!!! Honestly - one of my favorite things to eat!



No comments:

Popular Posts