About Me

I'm a Utah mom, just trying to make ends meet. Several years ago, I was introduced to a new way of couponing. I've been addicted ever since. I have a hard time paying full price for anything anymore.

I love couponing so much, I decided to become a teacher for Grocery Smarts.

I teach free classes and show you how to get everything you need at the grocery store and still leave $$$ in your pocket. I'll also teach you the best ways to get and organize your coupons. The best part of the class is when I show you how to match your current coupons up with the current local sales - getting the most bang for your buck!


Search This Blog

November 2, 2010

Sweeeet! I saved 59% today!

I've really neglected the blog lately. I never thought a house, a husband and three kids could really stretch me that far, but it has - so please forgive me :0)

I was really excited today when I walked out of Smith's having paid less than what I saved. Today is the last day of the sale and I was really hoping that they would still have cereal left. I was pleasantly surprised and just about cleared the remaining boxes from their end cap.

Yep - that's 32 boxes of Rice and Corn Chex and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My husband's favorite cereal is Rice Chex and when you can get it for $0.99 a box - it's worth stocking up on. This seems to be the only time of year when it goes on sale too. I hope in the coming weeks there will be more Chex cereal sales and more coupons in the newspaper. I'll buy even more to keep my husband supplied throughout the year - he's a big cereal eater and could finish 1 box in 2 to 3 days.


I also bought 2 pkts of brown gravy, 1 Symphony bar (as a thank you for a friend), 1 gallon of oj and 3 Christmas calendars. Now I need to tuck those away so they don't get opened and eaten before Dec. 1.

I spent a total of $49.70 and saved $68.11, a savings of 59%. Pretty Sweeet if you ask me!

I've also heard that the sale starting tomorrow at Smiths is a pretty good one. Check here for all the 4 and 5 star deals.

1 comment:

veronica said...

I did the Smiths thing last week too. I had a register reward of $5 so I only paid $0.85 per box after tax. That doesn't happen to me very often, but I sure love when it does! :)

Popular Posts